TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Star Golden Hearts Award (“Award
”) is organised by STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD (Company No.: 197101000523 (10894-D) (“Organiser
Entry to the Award is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them.
The Organiser reserves the rights, at its sole discretion to cancel, amend, add or remove any portions of the terms and conditions from time to time without any prior notice thereof. Any amendments and/or changes will be uploaded onto the Award’s website at www.sgha.com.my (“Website
”) and the nominees are therefore encouraged to visit the Website from time to time to view any amendments and/or changes to the terms and conditions.
1. Entry to the Award is by way of nomination only. Individuals, social enterprises or organisations can self-nominate or choose to nominate other individuals, social enterprises or organisations.
2. Only Malaysians and social enterprises/organisations duly registered/incorporated in Malaysia can be nominated for the Award.
3. The Award recognizes the initiatives of individuals, social enterprises and organisations in giving back to the society or the community around them. For details on the selection criteria and categories of Award, please visit the Website.
4. There is no limitation to the number of nominations one nominator can put forward.
5. Awarded winners from the past are not eligible to be in the running for the Award.
6. The Organiser and panel of judges reserve the right to re-assign any nominees to other categories of the Award as and when the Organiser and panel of judges deem fit and necessary.
Nominations must be submitted through the Website. Nominations posted or couriered to the Organiser’s office will not be processed.
8. Nominations shall be submitted from 2 June 2023 until 31 July 2023 (11:59pm Malaysian time) (“Nomination Period”). Nominations submitted out of the Nomination Period will be disregarded.
9. The Organiser will not be held responsible for any nominations that are lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
10. The Organiser will vet, verify and may undertake further background checks on the nominations received to determine their authenticity.
11. Shortlisted nominees may be contacted for media interviews, materials collection and marketing promotions and activities at no additional costs to the Organiser.
12. By responding to the Organiser’s request for additional information during the background checking process, the shortlisted nominees hereby warrants that all information submitted herein to the Organiser is true, accurate, current and complete.
13. Shortlisted nominees will undergo a few rounds of judging by panels of judges using information obtained from the background checks and nomination process.
14. The Organiser and a panel of judges will select ten (10) winners for the Award.
15. The Organiser’s and judges’ decisions are final and no appeal will be entertained.
16. Winners may be notified by phone or email and may be required to submit additional information and supporting documents to verify their identities and to confirm their acceptance of the award. If a winner fails to respond to the notification after three (3) attempts, the Organiser shall have the right to select the next most deserving nominee from the judging results as a replacement winner.
17. All winners must take part in any post Award event and publicity, whereby the format, venue and time will be determined by the Organiser without additional compensation.
18. Winners of the Award will be announced to the public tentatively in November 2023 or any other date as may be notified by the Organiser.
19. There will be ten (10) winners for the Award and the details of the prizes are as follow:
a) Each winner will receive a certificate, trophy and Ringgit Malaysia Fifteen Thousand (RM15,000.00) only.
b) Winner of Gamuda Inspiration Award sponsored by Yayasan Gamuda will receive a certificate, trophy and Ringgit Malaysia Fifty Thousand (RM50,000.00) only. Any variation in prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
Liability and Responsibility
20. Nominees hereby expressly, unconditionally and irrevocably authorize the Organiser to use the materials, photos or information submitted for the Award’s marketing campaigns, including but not limited to using the materials in network media, print media, printings, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out of home media and other marketing activities without further reference and/or payment to the nominees.
21. Winners must abide by these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions attached to the prizes (if any).
22. While the Organiser will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Website, the Organiser makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
23. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any winners / nominees who breach the terms herein or has acted fraudulently in any way or if there is a material misstatement or omission.
24. The nominees shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and its related corporation (as defined under the Companies Act, 2016), its service providers and agents who are directly involved in the Award (“Representatives”) against any and all losses, liabilities, costs, claims, charges, expenses, actions or demands (including legal costs), whether direct or indirect arising out of a breach of these terms and conditions.
Right of the Organiser
25.The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to review and vary the prizes, and the winners’ selection process contained herein without prior notice or consent of any person.
26. If this Award is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, then the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Award, modify the Award, suspend, terminate or cancel the Award, as appropriate, without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension of the Award by the Organiser shall not entitle the nominees to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damage suffered or incurred as indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
Warranties and Representations
27. The Organiser expressly exclude and disclaim any representations, warranties or endorsement, implied or expressed, written or oral, of the prize offered under the Award, including but not limited to any warranty of quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, health and safety (where applicable). All risks, loss, damage and/or injury associated with the use of the prize shall be assumed by the winners.
28. By participating in this Award, the nominees acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the Award. Nominees shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Award, redemption and/or usage of the prizes, and the Organiser shall not be held responsible for any of the above mentioned.
Personal Data Information
The Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 (“PDPA
”) governs the processing of the nominees’ personal data (“Personal Data
”) by the Organiser. This notice is to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser.
30. Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) provided by nominees for the Award shall belong to the Organiser and the nominees irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the nominees and/or their pictures (which may include their names, statements about Award or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to any of the Organiser’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to Award.
31. Transfer: The nominees’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser but the nominees agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 30 above, the Organiser may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
a) Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser;
b) The Organiser’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser in relation to Award (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call center providers, gift redemption centers or data entry companies);
c) Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser;
d) Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser is under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
32. Access: The nominees have the right to request access to and to request correction of the Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any nominee under the PDPA.
33. Click here https://www.thestar.com.my/privacy/
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
34. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and the parties hereby expressly agree to subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
35. For further information, please email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.